Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Welcome to My New Blog

After a long hiatus from blogging, I have rejoined the blogosphere.  One can say I left because I was too busy to write, but the reality is that I simply didn't have a central focus.  It was hard for me to think of topics, and hard for me to develop forced ideas.

But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my career and my journey as a filmmaker, and I'm discovering that this reflection is empowering.  The more I organize my thoughts about what I do, the more confident I feel about doing it.

Yes, my journey has been a bit of a roller coaster, but that should simply make for more interesting reading.  I hope.  So it is with that in mind that I begin this blog- a blog to chronicle my development as a filmmaker, to organize my thoughts about filmmaking, and to possibly provide insight to or inspire other new filmmakers who may find themselves in places I have once been, fighting battles I have fought (and will continue to fight), and enjoying victories I have enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy).

I'll also probably write some other stuff, too.

Even writing this entry has been somewhat empowering.  Though that could be because I'm listening to "Ecstasy of Gold" and "The Trio" from the soundtrack to "The Good, the Bad, the Ugly" as I write it.

2 comments:

  1. This is great Scott. I hope you post images of your journey as well. You have one of the most interesting of all the people I work with.

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's linked from your profile, but consider putting a link to your website on the main page of the blog as well. Other than that, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete